According to Colorado law, a structural opinion can only be rendered by a professional engineer or engineering firm. Therefore you cannot get this service from a regular home inspection company, or structural repair contractor. A structural inspection is a visual inspection of the foundation elements, bearing walls, beams and columns, floor slabs, framing, crawlspace areas, and drainage. These components are observed for signs of movement, distress, damage, and/or the ability to adversely affect the rest of the structure. General recommendations are made and repair design concepts are discussed. This inspection is not a structural repair design however; it is an inspection to determine the existing condition of the structural elements and whether repairs are warranted based on those conditions. Structural repair design is available if deemed necessary.
SEE PHOTOS OF RECENT INSPECTIONS
Key Benefits to having a Structural Inspection:
- The Structural Inspection focuses exclusively on the structure, and is therefore more in depth than the structural portion of a standard home inspection.
- If the Structural Inspection reveals issues requiring a Structural Repair Design, the Inspection is utilized as a basis for that design.
- This is one of our most popular inspections, given the expansive soil conditions prevalent in Colorado.
- A home is the biggest investment you may ever make and the structure of the home is the most important component. Therefore, it makes good sense to have the structure evaluated for potential problems.
- Our engineers are experienced and trained in recognizing structural concerns associated with expansive soil issues. We also are trained to recognize construction deficiencies that may not yet have manifested into distress.
- We receive many calls from buyers that need a structural inspection, because their home inspector or appraiser identified a concern but could not legally render an opinion on the issue. We are available and qualified to render that opinion.